Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Why "no offense" offends me

THIS IS BLOGGER!!!!

I am obviously a homosexual (see blog title) and obviously have no qualms about it. 5 minutes in my company, you will also realize that I spend 95% of my time being bitchy, telling massively offensive jokes, and making off color comments to attractive straight men. It's all apart of my charm, I like to think I ballet dance all over the (sometimes) fine line between being trashy and classy. Example, I wear flat front "prep length" shorts in pastel colors paired with a wide array of v-necks, and my favorite canvas Sperry's everyday I'm not at work. I also don't shave on a regular basis because I'm lazy. See how that works? Classy and trashy all at once. I'm definitely one mixed bag of nuts.
Back on subject though, when a straight male friend calls something gay and then turns to me and says, "No offense." I am offended. Why? Because one doesn't need to qualify a statement with "no offense" unless offense was meant. "No offense" is one of the most passive aggressive statements EVER! Either man up and just say, "That's gay" or "Lebron is playing like a faggot." and deal with the consequences of hurt feelings (mine won't be, Lebron does play like a faggot) or don't say it. I am tired of people thinking they can say whatever they want and then apologize for it. Just say what you mean and then stick by it. I rarely try to take back words (which is impossible anyway) because if I offend you, we probably don't need to be friends or you needed to hear what I said anyway. You don't like Holocaust jokes? Well, I'm sorry, Anne Frank-ly I don't care. You're mad because I told you that your ass does, in fact, look ginormous in those pants? Well honey, better I say it to your face then everyone at the party saying it behind your back(side).

Love,
jSe

1 comment: